Keen to chase the wedding blues but not ready for an international honeymoon just yet? Don’t worry. From the mesmerizing hills of Lonavala to the quaint beaches of Alibaug, our romantic destinations near Mumbai have a little getaway for couples who wish to celebrate love, but don’t travel too far We do!
Honeymoon places near Mumbai Within 100 km.
You don’t need to cross seven oceans at once to strengthen your bond. A nearby place can be equally wonderful for a romantic honeymoon.
Here are some of the gorgeous honeymoon destinations near Mumbai that are perfect for your honeymoon or a romantic trip with your partner!
Mumbai Sightseeing Karnala
For couples who want to enjoy the best of solitude, Karnala is the best option and a perfect place for a romantic destination near Mumbai. Witness the charm of the unspoiled environment of Karnala and let go of all the wedding blues while relaxing in the scenic beauty of this serene fort city.
- Distance from Mumbai: 54 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Trekking up to Karnala Fort, bird watching, and hiking at Karnala Bird Sanctuary, boating in Karnal Lake, and more.
- How To Reach: You can either board a state-run bus or hire a taxi from Mumbai and reach Karnala within 2 hours.
Mumbai tourist places Karjat
Karjat is one of those honeymoon destinations near Mumbai that comes alive during monsoons and leaves behind the magical aura of petrichor with the onset of winters. Located in Thane district, Karjat is the place for couples who love trekking and other adventure sports.
- Distance from Mumbai: 65 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Visit the Bhivpuri Waterfalls, go trekking to Kothaligarh, go on a romantic bike ride in the countryside, and more.
- How To Reach: You can either board a state-run bus or hire a taxi which charges INR 9 to INR 13 per kilometer from Mumbai and reach Karjat within 2 hours.
Mumbai Hill Station Mathera
The refreshing greenery of Matheran makes it one of the most romantic places near Mumbai where couples rejuvenate in the lap of nature. Situated in the Raigad district, only Matheran offers one of the best sunrise and sunset experiences in the lush green landscape.
- Distance from Mumbai: 80 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Enjoy gorgeous views from Chanderi Caves, enjoy trekking to Kalavantin peak, enjoy horse riding, and much more.
- How To Reach: You can reach the nearest railhead at Neral which is around 21 kms from Matheran. After which, you can take a taxi to Matheran and reach in around 30 minutes.
onsidered to be one of the most famous hill stations of Maharashtra, Lonavala is also one of the best romantic destinations near Mumbai.
Striking a perfect balance between lush greenery, majestic hills, untouched environment and dying weather, Lonavala is a place to stay for couples during and after monsoons.
- Distance from Mumbai: 83 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Have beautiful views of Matheran from Korigarh Fort, explore a different world at Karla Caves, kayak on Lonavala Lake, and much more.
- How To Reach: Lohegaon Airport in Pune is the nearest to Lonavala, located at a distance of about 70 kms. From there, cabs can be hired to reach Lonavala in a maximum of 2 hours. Passengers can get down from the train at Lonavala station only.
Alibaug Romantic Places Near Mumbai
Alibaug is another great destination in the list of romantic destinations near Mumbai . A place of varied landscapes, the coastal town of Alibaug is a favorite destination of Mumbai city locals and tourists.
Situated in the heart of the Konkan region, surround yourself with love and romance amidst the soothing ambiance, crystal clear waters and soft sand beaches of Alibaug.
- Distance from Mumbai: 98 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Camp at Revdanda Beach, indulge in watersports at Nagaon Beach, walk the nature trails at Akshi Beach, and much more.
- How To Reach: The nearest airport to Alibaug is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport which is located at a distance of 140 kms. You can also reach Alibaug within 2 hours by boarding government buses plying from Mumbai.
Also read 8 Beautiful & Popular Lakes In Mumbai – Travel India Travel
Honeymoon Destinations Near Mumbai Within 200 km
For couples who love to travel and explore new places, these destinations are a blessing. They are far but not far away. You can plan a trip to any of these romantic places on weekends and return home on time. to keep track!
Nestled peacefully amidst the Western Ghats, Kamshet is a place where couples find peace with nature at ease, making it one of the best honeymoon places near romantic destinations near Mumbai . Famous for adventure sports like paragliding, Kamshet has one of the best panoramic views of the city which never fails to enchant the couples.
- Distance from Mumbai: 102 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Explore Tikona Fort, enjoy paragliding in Shinde Wadi Hills, Pawana Lake, visit the temple hill of Bhandar Dongar, and much more.
- How To Reach: Hire a taxi or cab from Mumbai for a standard rate of INR 10 and reach Kamshet in 2 hours. It will take around 4 hours for the buses to ply on this route. The nearest railway station is Lonavala which is situated at a distance of only 16 kms.
Khandala is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations around Mumbai . Providing relief in its purest form, Khandala is known as the twin of Lonavala, because of its proximity to Lonavala. Although the place owes its fame to the Bollywood song, “Aati Kya Khandala”, this lovely hill station boasts of enchanting valleys, lakes and waterfalls, making it one of the best destinations for couples to escape. .
- Distance from Mumbai: 107 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Go on a romantic drive, visit Rajmachi Fort, caves at Bedsa Caves, visit Visapur Fort, and more.
- How To Reach: You can reach Khandala within 2.5 hours by road covering a distance of 78 kms from Mumbai. The fastest way to reach Khandala is to take a train from Mumbai and cover a distance of 24 kms within 30 minutes.
There is no way to fall in love with the dangling waterfalls of Kolad, while treating your eyes to the picture-perfect landscape of the Sahyadris ranges .
Situated in the Raigad district, Kolad is not only famous for offering a romantic ambiance to lovebirds, but it is also quite popular for thrilling water sports, which is why it is a perfect choice for those looking for the closest honeymoon destinations near Mumbai to romantic destinations . One of the best options. ,
- Distance from Mumbai: 117 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Monsoon river rafting, staying in one of the cozy homes, camping in the lap of nature, and more.
- How To Reach: You can reach Kolad from Mumbai by train and reach within 2.5 hours. By road, one can reach Kolad from Mumbai in the same time.
Also read Top 15 Pre-Wedding Photoshoot Locations in Mumbai – Travel India Travel
Looking for a place that is a perfect amalgamation of nature and adventure? Then search no further as Igatpuri is one of the best honeymoon places near Mumbai that is blessed with natural beauty.
- Distance from Mumbai: 121 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Relax in the Bhatsa River Valley, go out for a nice picnic lunch, visit Kulang Fort, and more.
- How To Reach: By road, Igatpuri is just 2 hours drive away from Mumbai city. One can take a bus from Mumbai to Nashik and then take a taxi to reach Igatpuri faster. By train, travelers can get down at Igatpuri Railway Station, which has good connectivity to major cities in India.
Kashid Romantic Destinations Near Mumbai
A quaint town on the shimmering coastline of the Konkan region, Kashid is famous for its soft white sand beaches. One of the cleanest beaches in India, Kashid is a perfect place for couples who want to spend their honeymoon surrounded by nothing but peace and quiet.
- Distance from Mumbai: 128 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Stay in a tent near the beach, go on romantic walks, stroll along the beach swings, watch the sunset together, and more.
- How To Reach: By road, one can hire a cab or board a state-run bus to reach Kashid within 3 hours. By train, the nearest railway station is Roha which is located 122 kms away from Mumbai.
Ratanwadi romantic destination near Mumbai
With its old world charm, rustic ambiance with a mix of exhilarating greens, Ratanwadi is one of the hidden gems of Maharashtra. Located close to the town of Bhandardara, Ratanwadi is indeed a paradise for honeymooners as well as all trekkers and adventure enthusiasts.
- Distance from Mumbai: 130 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Experience bird watching in the best possible way, be enthralled by the scenic views of Ratangarh Fort trek, and much more.
- How To Reach: Pune Airport is the nearest airstrip to Ratanwadi which is located at a distance of 78 kms. The most economical way to reach Ratanwadi is via boat ride from Arthur Lake in Bhandardara with minimum Rs 35 per person
You may also like 8 Best Places To Visit In And Around Kharghar – Travel India Travel
Situated in Palghar district, Dahanu is a small coastal paradise famous for its unspoiled beaches, coconut groves and blooming rose gardens. Couples who are planning an escape to a nearby beach location should consider exploring Dahanu attractions for a refreshing vacation.
- Distance from Mumbai: 141 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Take a stroll along the shoreline of Dahanu Beach, visit Bordi Beach, explore the Behrot Caves, and more.
- How To Reach: The best way to reach Dahanu is by hiring a cab from Mumbai and covering a distance of 141 kms within 3 hours. Cab charges start from INR 1,150.
Though Pune is known as a university city and is largely overcrowded by the young population, it is the youthful atmosphere that makes Pune come alive as one of the best honeymoon destinations near Mumbai. Numerous restaurants, never-ending party scenes and vibrant nightlife of Pune make it one of the most preferred destinations amongst young travellers.
- Distance from Mumbai: 150 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Enjoy panoramic views from Parvati Hill, enjoy the peace and quiet of Vetal Hill, drive up to Khadakwasla Dam, and much more.
- How To Reach: From Mumbai, one can reach Pune by cab in about 2 hours 15 minutes. By train, passengers can get down at Pune Junction.
Romantic Destination Murud Near Mumbai
Turning all your holiday scenes into an epic experience, Murud is one destination that will never fail to turn your honeymoon into an affair to remember
, With a beach surrounded by palm trees, a soothing breeze brushing against your skin, and those soft sand beaches that absorb your every move, Murud is indeed one of the best romantic destinations near Mumbai for couples. is one.
- Distance from Mumbai: 156 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Stroll along the Murud beach, explore the attractions of Murud-Janjira Fort, camping at Murud-Janjira, and more.
- How To Reach: By train, one can reach the nearest railway station to Daund and then hire a cab from there which will take around 4.5 hours to reach Murud. The best way to reach Murud is by hiring a cab from Mumbai.
Romantic Destination Bhandardara Near Mumbai
The majestic Umbrella Falls attracts everyone’s attention and attracts a lot of travelers to the hill station of Bhandardara. Be it majestic mountains, pristine valleys, flowing lakes, cascading waterfalls, or lush green meadows, Bhandardara has it all that makes its surroundings all the more romantic.
Distance from Mumbai: 164 kms by road
Romantic Experiences: Don’t miss out on Umbrella Falls, watch the clouds romancing nature at Mount Kalsubai, relax at Arthur Lake, and much more.
How To Reach: Nearest airstrip is New Pune International Airport which is 79 kms from Bhandardara while Igatpuri is the nearest railhead to Bhandardara which is located at a distance of 42 kms.
Arguably one of the best places to go on a fine wine tasting tour , Nashik is slowly rising above the image of being a pilgrimage place that offers an ultimate romantic experience. Home to several forts and waterfalls, honeymooners can only enjoy the best of wine tasting experience in Nashik. It is one of the best honeymoon places in Maharashtra .
- Distance from Mumbai: 166 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Enjoy the finest of wine tastings at Sula Vineyard, watch the sunrise over Harihar Fort, visit the iconic Trimbakeshwar Temple, and more.
- How to reach: The best way to reach Nashik is to board a private or state-run bus from Mumbai at a cost of around Rs 400 per person. By train, one can get down at Nashik railway station itself.
A quaint little paradise of greenery, Mulshi serves as one of the most beautiful places near Mumbai for the couple to escape the chaos of the metropolis. Considered to be a famous weekend getaway from Mumbai, Mulshi offers the perfect seclusion that couples look for on their honeymoon.
- Distance from Mumbai: 169 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Camp amidst the Sahyadris ranges and valleys, refresh your senses at Jalashree Island Resort, and more.
- How To Reach: You can either board a private/state-run bus or hire a taxi from Mumbai and reach Mulshi within 3 hours.
Recommended Read 33 Best Resorts Near Mumbai For Couples – Complete List – Travel India Travel
Daman Romantic Destination Near Mumbai
Want to impress your lady love? Take her to Daman, a city where she can do unlimited shopping for handicrafts and popular leather items. Filled with beaches and well-maintained gardens, Daman is the perfect destination that not only offers unlimited shopping scene, but also has historical significance as far as its culture and heritage is concerned.
- Distance from Mumbai: 170 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Head to the Diu Fort to watch a romantic sunset, explore the historic Sao Jeronimo Fort, shop in Daman, and more.
- How To Reach: The best way to reach Daman is by train. De-board at the nearest railway station to Vapi, located at a distance of about 12 kms.
Inspired by the Italian settlement of Portofino and being the newest addition to hill stations in India, Lavasa is synonymous with love and romance. Spread over an area of more than 25,000 acres, Lavasa is a man-made hill that also serves as one of the best honeymoon destinations near Mumbai.
- Distance from Mumbai: 186 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Enjoy a bike tour to Lavasa, fall in love with nature on the Andharvan Trek, experience the best of Segway rides, and much more.
- How To Reach: The nearest airstrip to Lavasa is at Pune Airport which is located at a distance of 65 kms. The nearest railway station is Lonavala which is situated at a distance of just 29 kms from Lavasa. The best way to reach Lavasa is by road which may take at least 3 hours.
Romantic destinations near Mumbai Shrivardhan
Situated in Raigad district, Shrivardhan (also known as Shrivardhan ) is a town that offers a plethora of beaches. Home to the famous temple of Shri Laxminarayan, Shrivardhan is the best place near Mumbai to enjoy isolation and escape the chaos and crowds of the city.
- Distance from Mumbai: 187 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Rekindle the romance at Kondivali Beach, enjoy the charm of tropical weather at Harihareshwar Beach, and more.
- How To Reach: The nearest railway station is Mangaon which is situated at a distance of 65 kms. Also, one can reach the city of Shrivardhan by road within 3.5 hours from Mumbai.
Another great honeymoon spot near Mumbai to romantic destination is Panchgani. This beautiful hill station in Maharashtra was considered a retirement home for Britishers living in India before independence. Presently, this place is the hub of tourists who attract lovebirds from all over Maharashtra.
The popular Bollywood shooting location also has mythological significance. Plan a trip to this beautiful destination during your honeymoon in Maharashtra for a perfect vacation.
- Distance from Mumbai: 244 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Table Point is one of the best places to visit in Panchgani where you can meet your favorite actors. Trek to Devil’s Kitchen, which is believed to be used by the Pandavas during their exile. Mapro Garden and Strawberry Farm are the most romantic places here.
- How To Reach: The most attractive option would be to take a bus or cab from Pune to Mumbai.
Aurangabad Romantic Destinations Near Mumbai
If you are still wondering about the best places for honeymoon near Mumbai , then Aurangabad is an interesting place that you cannot ignore. The area is named after the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, who built several stunning architectures here, including a replica of the Taj Mahal named Bibi Ka Maqbara. The most popular excursion here is a visit to the Ajanta and Ellora caves which will make you witness the rarest of paintings on Indian paintings.
- Distance from Mumbai: 334 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Ajanta and Ellora Caves, Bibi Ka Maqbara, Daulatabad Fort, and Panchakki
- How To Reach: Chikalthana Airport is the nearest airport to Aurangabad, located at a distance of 11 km. Aurangabad Railway Station is well connected to other parts of India and you can easily board a train to your destination.
Romantic Destination Chaul Near Mumbai
Chaul is one of the coolest short honeymoon destinations near Mumbai . This former Portuguese city displays the ruins of the bygone days. This place has been attracting tourists due to its historical importance. There is a small village in Chaul, where the local population still speaks Portuguese Creole.
- Distance from Mumbai: 109 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Visit the Portuguese Church, Korlai Fort, Chalo Kadu Lighthouse and Revdanda Beach.
- How To Reach: If you are traveling from Mumbai then road will be the best mode of transport. The nearest railway station is Pen and Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport station which is preferred by tourists traveling to Chaul from other parts of the country.
Aamby Valley City
One of the best honeymoon places near Mumbai, Aamby Valley is a perfect place for a couple to relax and spend a pleasant honeymoon. Ambi is a destination for luxury and comfort. Though offbeat, yet the latest amenities are available including restaurants, spas, cafes and shopping markets. In fact, Ambee is considered as one of the best places for couples to stay at the most trendy resorts near romantic destinations near Mumbai . One of the best things that you can do is enjoy a peaceful picnic by the lake.
- Distance from Mumbai: 105 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Trek to Karnala Fort, birdwatching, and hiking in Karnala Bird Sanctuary .
- How To Reach: Aamby Valley is easy to reach from Mumbai. A train journey takes around 3 hours while a bus journey takes 5 hours. The choice is yours based on budget and comfort level.
One of the best romantic places near Mumbai, Silvassa is the ideal offbeat destination to spend your honeymoon. Enjoy nature to the fullest and enjoy the wildlife here. You can spend time alone in the gardens and a large number of resorts. The pristine beauty and serene surroundings of Silvassa will engage you with your best senses. Not just honeymoon, Silvassa is one of the best valentine weekend getaways.
- Distance from Mumbai: 172 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Trek to Karnala Fort, birdwatching , and hiking at Karnala Bird Sanctuary .
- How To Reach: The fastest way to reach Silvassa from Mumbai is by taxi. Another convenient but cost-effective solution would be to take the train, Gujarat Express from Mumbai to Bhilad, then a taxi from Bhilad to Silvassa.
18 Romantic Honeymoon Places Near Mumbai – Travel India Travel
8 Popular Places To Visit Near Juhu Beach – Travel India Travel
Tamhini Ghat is one of the most romantic places near Mumbai , which is a perfect and quick getaway to spend peaceful time with your loved one.
You will find a place surrounded by lakes, forests and waterfalls. As the name suggests, it is a mountain pass and apart from honeymoon you can also do many sightseeing tours. Owing to its offbeat nature, Tamhini Ghat is one of the best budget honeymoon destinations in India.
- Distance from Mumbai: 143 kms by road
- Romantic Experiences: Enjoy a nice bath in the waterfalls – near Mulshi Dam, visit Palse Falls and Sinhagad Fort.
- How To Reach: Tamhini Ghat is well connected to Mumbai. It takes around 4 hours to reach by train whereas bus journey takes around 5 hours. On the other hand, a taxi is the fastest with a travel time of around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Decided which place to explore on your honeymoon yet? Well, that’s quite an exhaustive list to choose from. And if you’ve already decided your pick or know more about such little escapes, do let us know in the comments below. But before you do that, plan your honeymoon to one of these romantic destinations in India and head out to make memories forever.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Honeymoon Destinations near Mumbai
A. Some of the best places for honeymoon in Maharashtra include: 1. Mahabaleshwar 2. Lonavala 3. Khandala 4. Matheran 5. Alibaug
A. Some of the best resorts near Mumbai for a lavish and exciting honeymoon tour include: 1. Hidden Village Resort, Thane 2. Machan Resort, Lonavala 3. Della Resorts, Lonavala 4. Kaza Commodore, Alibaug 5. U Tropicana Beach Resort, Alibaug 6. Dune Barr House
Q. Some of the best resorts near Mumbai for a lavish and exciting honeymoon tour include: 1. Hidden Village Resort, Thane 2. Machan Resort, Lonavala 3. Della Resorts, Lonavala 4. Kaza Commodore, Alibaug 5. U Tropicana Beach Resort, Alibaug 6. Dune Barr House
A. Some of the best hotels for honeymoon retreat near Mumbai are: 1. Citrus Hotel Lonavala 2. Piccadal Resort by Meritas, Lonavala 3. Hotel Maple IVY-Alibaug 4. Westend Hotel Matheran 5. Hotel Paramount, Matheran
A. From Sandhan Valley Trek, Forest Camping, River Rafting in Kundalika, Lohagarh Fort Trek, to Hot Air Balloon Ride in Lonavala, Mumbai has many things to do for honeymoon couples.